The Kennedy Bag for the Sew Sweetness Bag Contest



I cannot even write this post fast enough!!  I am so excited to share this bag with you!  I found out about the Sew Sweetness Bag Contest back in November, but knew that I would not be able to work on it all until this week.  All entries have to be in by midnight PST.  So, the pressure was on!  After some late nights and lots of chocolate, (and probably a few more pounds), I am happy to say it is finished!!


To make this bag I used the free pattern available HERE from Sarah Lawson @ Sew Sweetness.

I was hoping for some better outdoors pictures, but of course it has been raining ALL day! 




Some 'sewing firsts' for me during this project...
1.  I've never made a bag with a side panel-that was fun!
2.  I've never made a bag with a flap.  I love how it turned out.  This will help me when I start to make some messenger bags.
3.  Detachable Handles!  The part I hate most when sewing a bag is adding the handles.  Usually because it is so hard to get all that bulk under the machine.  Adding these little clasps for the handles was SO easy!
4.  I've never made a bag with a base.  There was an option to add feet to the base, which I've always wanted to do, but I had reached my budget limit so decided to drop the feet. 


Fifteen finalists will be chosen by contest judges and then those finalists will then be voted on by you!  Crossing my fingers!  They have some great prizes!

Even if I do not make it as a finalist I am so happy I entered!  I always work better when I have deadlines and know that things are due at a certain time.  This contest pushed me forward and now look at all the new skills I learned!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you are new here you can follow me with any of the purple links on the sidebar.

Blessings,
Gina

This bag was featured on these great blogs...
Do Tell TuesdayThreading My Way_Featured

Comments

Popular Posts