Blue Jean Backpack


First of all, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!  

A dear friend was nice enough to give me some of her retired blue jeans.  Just in time too, I was running out!  You are either excited about this or saying, "please move on!".  I just can't move on when there are so many things to make from Blue Jeans!

I actually did not know what I was going to make next.  I just picked up some books from the library that I had on hold for a while.  One of them was a book called, Sew Many Bags Sew Little Time, by Sally Southern.  There were many cute bags in this book, but the one that caught my eye, of course,  was a Backpack made out of old blue jeans.  So, here is my version of Sally's "Moody Blues" bag.

Blue jean Backpack
 Remember the very old embroidery pieces I found at a garage sale last weekend?  If you missed that post click here, to find my great inspirational pieces I'll be using for upcoming projects.  Well, these flowers were on a very old and yellowed table runner.  Now look how beautiful it looks on my backpack!  A great inspiration for this project. 




This bag is made up of 3 pairs of Jeans.  One, for the bottom of the bag and a pocket.  A second, for the front and back panels and one of the handles.  And a third for the final handle.

  Found this lining material in the clearance section at Wal-Mart yesterday.  $2.00 for 1 yard.  Hard to beat! 


The buttons are still working, so if I needed to tighten up the straps, I could add another button hole and button higher up. 

This project went pretty smoothly, up until I kept putting the handles on wrong!  It took three tries to get it right!

 Hobby Lobby had their ribbon and trims on sale yesterday 1/2 off!  So this bag only cost me...with the garage sale purchase....$5.25 plus tax.  Actually, it's probably less than that b/c I still have ribbon and cord left over!









I know, a lot of pictures, but it's so much fun to show off a project that I love so much! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you stick around and check out some of my other popular post on the sidebar.  On the sidebar is also where you can follow me via Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter, or you can even subscribe to receive e-mail updates as soon as I post another project!

Have a safe and blessed 4th of July!

Blessings,
~Gina

This bag was featured here:

Someday I'll Learn


I'll be linking up to these great parties:

Thursday 7/4
Simply Dream & Create 
Krysta Steen 
Organized 31

Friday 7/5

French Country Cottage 
Frugal Fit Family 
 Happy Hour Friday
My Turn For Us
All Our Days 
Redfly Creations
Simply Sweet Home
Diana Rambles
Happy Go Lucky -Shine on Fridays
One Artsy Mama-Shine on Fridays
One Tough Mother-Shine on Fridays
Young & Crafty-Shine on Fridays
A Peek Into My Paradise 
Whipperberry
The Thriftiness Miss
The Dedicated House 
Tatertots and Jello
 Petals to Picots 
 What-About Co. 

Saturday
30 Days 
A Vision to Remember 
While He Was Napping 
Clairejustine 
Your Home Based Mom
Cheerios & Lattes
Little Inspiraton
It's Overflowing
Or So She Says
 Six Sister's Stuff 
Tatertots and Jellow
A little CLAIREification
 Be Different...Act Normal 

Sunday
Keeping it Simple
Craft-O-Maniac
Sew Can Do

Monday
Our Delightful Home 
The Dedicated House 
Salt Tree  
Sowdering About in Seattle 
Monday Funday 
A Round Tuit
Titi Crafty

Tuesday
Someday I'll Learn 
Say Not Sweet Anne 
Ladybug Blessings 
Him & Her 
Adventures of a diy Mom 
Sugar Bee Crafts
Nap-Time Creations
Sarah Lynn's Sweets
Stone Cottage Adventures
Hickory Trail
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
New Nostalgia
Homework
Chris W Designs

Wednesday
We Like to Learn As We Go
DIY Dreamer
Dandelion Wishes
Made to be a Momma
Southern Lovely
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Lil' Luna
Ginager Snaps
The Style Sisters
My girlish whims
Minettes Maze
Creative Princess (evening)
The Real Thing With the Coake Family
7 Alive

Thursday
Organized 31
My Fashion Forward Blog
A Jennuine LIfe
Five Little Chefs
The Craft Blog Stalker
Live Laugh Rowe
Sparkles and a Stove
All Things Thursday Blog Hop (Wed. 9pm-4 blogs)
A Glimpse Inside
Glued to my Crafts



Comments

Popular Posts