I designed and sewed my first iPad Cover!



 Mother's Day is tomorrow, and I finished this project just in time.  Actually, I am a little late because I still have to mail this to my Mom! 

I looked and looked online for some inspiration for a cover and found lots to choose from.  I did not, however, find one to copy exactly.  So, I decided to just wing it.  I don't have an iPad myself, so I looked up to see the dimensions of an iPad2 (I think that is what my mom has).  I learned that they are 9.56"x7.47".

Since I am new to sewing I wanted to see if I could add the right seam allowances and make this cover work out just perfect.  Well, I think I should have allowed for a little extra room.  I think this iPad cover is JUST going to fit.  I'll have to get my mom to take some pics to see how it looks inside.





Bag Features:
*This bag has a zipper on the front to hold the charger cord.
*Snazzy button for the closure and a simple ponytail elastic band to close
*White pom-pom trim to emphasize the pocket area (and to hide my not so perfect sewing line!)
*4 layers of fleece inside for padding, plus fusible fleece interfacing on outer material (new for me)
 
Mistakes to correct:
*I was not consistent with my 1/2" seam allowance, so I had to hand stitch some areas where the material did not catch all the pieces of fabric. 
*You can see my seams inside the lining.  That is obviously not correct. 




Overall, I'm very proud of my first iPad Cover.  I am excited to try again! 

Comments

Popular Posts